Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Who Thought Watching TV Could Be...Productive?

TV has actually been an extremely valuable tool in helping me stay on track in reaching my goals. This is solely due to the magic of commercial breaks, so, if you want to follow in my footsteps, you have to put down the TiVo remote. I repeat:

Put down the TiVo remote!


If you can resist using the fast forward button, commercials can actually do a lot of good! Use them to do whatever you've been needing to get done. This works perfectly because you can take what seems like a large, overwhelming task and break it down into manageable steps. Plus, after doing a chore, you get to watch ten more minutes of one of your favorite shows as a reward. It's built-in positive reinforcement.

I use commercials to clean, workout, and write blog posts! Look for posts from me in the future detailing what I do during a TV show.



No comments: